Address : 700 Front St #101 Key West, FL 33040
Phone : (305) 294-5880
Key West Seafood Restaurants
Alonzo’s serves good seafood in a casual setting. It’s on the ground floor of the A&B Lobster House, at the end of Front Street in the marina; if you want to dress up, go upstairs for the “fine dining.” To start your meal, try the steamed beer shrimp — tantalizingly fresh jumbo shrimp in a sauce of garlic, Old Bay seasoning, beer, and cayenne pepper. A house specialty is white-clam chili, a delicious mix of tender clams, white beans, and potatoes served with a dollop of sour cream. The staff is cheerful and informative, and the service is very good.
Review from Yelp:
Happy Hour 4pm – 6:30pm. Every drink and everything on the first page of their menu is half off. Pretty awesome, right?
On top of that they have outside seating right by the water, great for people watching but, if it’s too hot or humid outside, just sit inside and cool off under one of their big ceiling fans.
We were there a few minutes after 4pm and got a table right away. After 15 minutes we started to see this place get packed.
My friends had already been here and told me they make “my drink” the Dark & Stormy (actually this is one of the main reasons they brought me here). I take a sip of the tall glass and I’m liking this place even more, enough to almost forgive the fact that the drink was not brought out showing the dark and light separation effect from the ginger beer and rum.
Everything in the happy hour menu looked good, plus we hadn’t really eaten all day so we decided to order “tapas” style. Just bring a bunch of plates and we’ll share.
On our table were the following:
1. Spinach Parmesan Oysters, Key Lime Garlic Oysters Alonzo’s Combo. Alonzo’s is an Oyster bar so, of course we had to order some.
This is my first time eating oysters. I know… they’re cooked but still my first time. The Spinach Parmesan ones were my favorite. I highly recommend them.
2. Peal n Eat Shrimp. We ordered the Chilled Spiced version and were so fresh. Neither of us could stop eating them.
3. Flash-Fried Calamari. Nothing really outstanding about it, just your basic fried calamari, although must say they were not too greasy not too heavy on batter so that’s good!
4. Roasted Mussels Diablo. I loved this one. That tomato broth it comes with is divine. Believe me you will want to dip the bread in comes with in it, and ask for more if needed.
5. Alonzo’s Sampler. This includes Conch fritters, Buffalo Shrimp, Fish Fingers, and onion rings. The two that stood out were the Fish Fingers. Tasted fresh and not greasy, and the Buffalo Shrimp which are tossed in a hot pepper sauce and blue cheese but, they are not too spicy so, don’t be afraid… order it!
Service was good, and fast. Food didn’t take long to come out and when some of our plates where empty they would remove them so we had space for all that was left still to eat.
As soon as our drinks were getting low they would come offer us another one. Even when getting close to the end of happy hour they made sure we did not miss the opportunity to get one more before it was over.
Happy Hour or not, this is a great place go. Greshka P.